Tips to Survive the Holiday Season
Yes, it is season for parties that offer plenty of festive food and some heavy-duty Holiday food , but if you follow the our Holiday Survival guide you can make it through this tempting season without adding pounds
1) Plan ahead. If you know that you will be going to a party or having an extravagant meal, skip the booze and eat extra healthy in the week leading up to the event.
2) Exercise. It is easy to look at dreary weather and want to curl up by the fire, but nobody said staying healthy would be easy! Try out some of our signature classes such as I ride, VIDA Xtreme of Barre if mother nature keeps you indoors.
3) Stay Hydrated. Making sure you drink enough WATER .The benefits of staying hydrated are too expensive to list, but on the most basic level water is the essence of life. A good way to make sure you are guzzling down enough WATER is to have a jug and carry it with you at all times. Whenever it is empty, immediately refill it.
4) Watch the Sugar. When you are baking Christmas cookies and desserts ditch artificial sweetener and sugar for Stevia. This is an all-natural sugar substitute with no calories, carbs, or glycemic index. Indulge yourself without the guilt with a great recipe for not Sugar Cookies,.
5) Try Not to Stress Out. The Holidays can be a stressful time. Family and friends coming from out of town, big meals to cook, presents to buy, and the pressure to live up to the idealized version of Christmas we see in the media can make even the most laid back person tighten up. Stress can lead to heart disease, binge eating, and weight gain, so take a deep breath. The holidays should be a fun and happy time.
Enjoy your family, friends, and the feeling that comes with being fit and staying healthy!