Who says you have to gain weight during the holidays? Sure, you’ll probably experience a food coma or three between now and New Years, but a handful of indulgent meals don’t have to wreck havoc on your fitness goals. We’re here to provide you with all the resources necessary to stick as close to your usual routine as possible, with a few additional opportunities to burn some extra calories starting this weekend. Because let’s face it, we’re ALL going back for seconds of mashed potatoes!
Thanksgiving Day (11/24):
- Turkey Trim at U Street – 10 a.m.: Join Regional Group Fitness Director Alexx Griffin for a 45 minute strength-training boot camp* followed by a 45 minute cycle class to start Thanksgiving Day off strong! The turkey, stuffing and pumpkin pie will taste so much better knowing you worked your butt off for it first! *May be held outdoors – bring warm clothes!
- Turkey Torch at City Vista – all morning! Take any TWO group fitness classes on Thanksgiving morning (9:30am Turkey Trot, 9:30am VIDA Xtreme, 10:15 cycle, 11am Vinyasa) and win a FREE VIDA shirt of your choice! Check out your Turkey Torch punchcard from the front desk to participate!
- Normal class line-up at Verizon, Yards and Metropole – check the online schedule for details!
Black Friday (11/25):
- The Gauntlet at Metropole – 5:30pm: If your #TurkeyComa lasted longer than expected and you missed that early morning gym sesh, never fear, the Gauntlet is here. This two-hour triple threat (HIIT, abs, Cycle) with Kyle Suib is always killer, but you can bet Kyle will work you extra hard to burn off all those Thanksgiving calories.
Coming up soon…
Thursday, December 8th at 6:15pm
- Healthy Holiday Eating Workshop with New VIDA RD Maggie McDaris. Looking to make nutrition a priority this holiday season? Join us for a Healthy Holiday Eating workshop on 12/8. We will discuss healthy recipe make-overs, tips for eating well while traveling, and other creative hacks to keep those pesky holiday LBs in check. The workshop will be hosted by the newest member of our VIDA family, Maggie McDaris. Maggie is a Registered Dietitian with over 7 years of experience helping clients reach their health and wellness goals. She is also a Le Cordon Bleu trained chef, so her recipe recommendations are sure to leave your mouth watering.
**holiday hours reminder for all locations except Renaissance**
Wednesday 11/23: 5am – 9pm
Thursday 11/24: 7am – 3pm
Friday 11/25: 7am – 9pm
We will continue to keep you posted on ways to stay moving and squeezing in all the workouts you can this holiday season. Now go enjoy a wonderful, guilt-free Thanksgiving!